The cold winds blowing says it all that winter is around the corner. Skincare is as important in winter as your work tasks, and you should be a little concerned about the skin. Do you know why skincare is important? Or why skin gets dried-up in winter? We’re here to help you with some tips to care for your skin in winter. Learn to take care of skin, but knowing how the skin is affected in winters helps a lot! Therefore, our insights will help you determine causes, appropriate measures, and look fresh and glowing with Skincare tips for winters.
WHY DRY SKIN?
Winter is all fun for some people, while others wait for the temperature to get a little warmer. However, cold weather isn’t the only factor that causes dry skin. Many factors such as poor quality soap/face wash, frequent bathing, and certain medical condition affect skin. The outermost layer of skin (Epidermis) water content reflects the level of humidity. Therefore, keeping healthy skin is all about keeping your self-moisturized and take appropriate care.
HOW TO KEEP THE SKIN MOIST?
Know what keeps the skin fresh, smooth, and shining. Skin is covered by water content that keeps it moisturized. Moisture loss or loss of water causes the lipid to decrease which affects the skin negatively. Lipids are organic compounds and help to keep the skin moisturized. When this lipid decreases due to cold and dry weather, exposure to hot environment, over-cleansing, and scrubbing. We begin to have itchy and dry skin that cracks our skin and results in a burning sensation.
- There are ten’s of ways to keep the skin moisturized. For indoor purposes, use humidifiers to keep the epidermis moist and hence it stays healthy.
- Deodorant soaps and soaps with excessive chemicals can be damaging and reduce natural oil. Avoid using these kinds of soaps, rather use skin-friendly soaps.
- Prevent long exposure to heat and use warm water to wash your face as this keeps the skin healthy.
- Use moisturizers every time you wash your hands or take shower. Since the skin is damp, using moisturizer helps to seal in moisture.
- Don’t scratch if you’re feeling itchy! Rather moisturize or apply compression to get rid of itchy spots.
Follow the Skincare Tips for Winters and look refreshed.